eXTReMe Tracker

水曜日, 3月 15, 2006

[Japan Japan Japan~!]

Woot, back from Japan.

1st time travelling overseas alone. Quite an experience I mst say. Anyway, I made it from Singapore - Tokyo Narita Airport - Sapporo Chitose Airport. I did not even have a good time to look ard Narita before I made my way to the domestic flight wing which was all the way at the end. At Sapporo Chitose, I met with my boss and the Jpn agent whom I have been working with, Mr Yamamoto..anyway no pics. But here's an airplane ahhwha Image hosting by Photobucket We were having lunch at one of the airport's resturants. Now there's this odd looking gadget called the 'waiting card' if I rem correctly. You are supposed to put this blinking thing onto ur table, where there's an area to put. Here's how it looks like.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Sapporo was snowing when I was there! AHHA being in tropical SG all my life, I seen snow for the 1st time. It was indeed a beautiful sight..That is if u see it under a roof. It is no fun if u go outside in the snow where the snow will hit u 'piak piak piak' and all that's left is a wet patch. Here's some pics I took when I was whisking my way to Nagoya in a bus.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

We stayed at this nice little inn called Toyoko Inn. The stay in Sapporo was a short one. READ: there's no time. This is a biz trip not leisure. After meeting our Jpn clients, where we had quite a lengthy meeting, from afternoon til night. I was basked in endless cig smoke for almost 8 hrs. We had dinner which was mostly sashimi,some seafood,beer,sake..I was quite thirsty then and I down quite an amount of beer on an empty stomach, soon I began to feel the effects hahahaha..anyway I was told I mst drink no matter what, if u are doing biz with Jpn. I had conversation with my clients..tho at times I cld not catch what he was talking, so I just nodded my head hahahaha..

The next day we moved to Nagoya to a small town called Toyohashi. 豊橋. This is the streets ard the hotel I stayed.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

I had my 1st lunch there. Tempura soba.

Image hosting by Photobucket Oh yeah, it tasted great.

Image hosting by Photobucket The resturant.

Image hosting by Photobucket Interior decor.

Travelling in Jpn can be a daunting task, esp if u are travelling with like 60+++kg of HEAVY n BULKY luggage. That's my boss's luggage btw which includes a ultra BULKY bag for collecting of samples. Their train systems ARE a mess. U need to purchase tickets btw, no way as convenient as local MRT. Their trains systems are messy because there are several types of trains. Some stops at every station, some at some stations, some at major stations and some stop at only selected stations. There's the well known Shinkansen which can costed u hundreds per trip and among others. Some seats are free seating (cheaper), some are reserved (more exp) some are smoking cabins.

Here's some resturants which we went as well as the food.

Image hosting by PhotobucketHad cold soba..oke not to my taste.

Image hosting by Photobucket
At another resturant on Fri night with a nice manager whose wife joined us later during the dinner.

Image hosting by Photobucket This taste DAMMMM good cos they were so fresh and sweet.

The best place was prb at this small little town where a business partner/old friend of my boss stayed. I met this very nice elderly man in Beijing. He is really such a grandfather figure and so nice,warm and friendly. He is staying at such a nice house..and its REALLY nice with gardens and wooden planks and..more flowers.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Then we had our lunch here.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

After meeting, he brought us to a huge electronic supermarket. We saw this nice oven which heats up water til 300 C. As the video demo, this 300C water is so hot, it can light up a match and burn paper! It is not ordinary water vapor or steam. It is just heat. It also have hundreds of pre-installed menus in it, so u can simply select what u wan, close the lid and press start. It is very simple to use cos it was designed for elderly people. Amazing product which u might not get to see in local stores. Basically, there were games, mp3 players, computers..Service was quite good, as demo by the lady who demostrated the oven. I almost bought PSP there and a Jpn mac keyboard ahaha but I went home empty handed.

Anyway, the next day it was time to go back home. I went to Tokyo alone via Shinkansen..with a 30+kg luggage (the sample bag) as well as my own luggage. How can I go shopping in Tokyo with that?? Tokyo Station is a nightmare cos it is sooooo huge and the signs are not helping much. I got onto a wrong type of train, luckily I can pay on the spot for that ticket. This train was heading to Narita Airport and so was the other one I bought the ticket for.

This is the plane i took, Pokemon..

Image hosting by Photobucket

The funny thing is whenever Im in Jpn, the Jpn all speaks to me in Jpn. Do I look Jpn? I got comments I look Jpn twice by 2 of my clients. I thought I look 101% Singaporean..but overall, this is a good experience to practice my Jpn. One conclusion, it is not fun working in Jpn cos I see most people working into their twilight yrs, like tat nice Jpn uncle who lives in the nice house showed above. Work to Jpn is VERY important and it comes 1st for most people. Jpn eat VERY fast too. Anyway, I gotta brush up my liquior holding ability and eating speed.

So food there for me was basically raw fish, green tea,beer, sake and rice. Not so much of rice tho..and I been feeling hungry since Sun..ahha Oh yeah, how can i forgot to mention. I actually managed to buy some stuff for myself and my company and mum. For myself, I got a new Casio I-Range watch which costed me ard SGD300. I initially wanted a Citizen, it is very unique with multiple faces, digital analogue, temperature and some other stuff. It is ard $350 if im not wrong. When I took a look at it, it is 'cased in China' and the back of the watch dun feel very good..compared to the front. So I hesitated abit and walked ard the airport.

After getting my cakes and cookies (honestly, I dunno how they taste when I bought them ahhaha), I went back to take a look and then i saw the i-range watch. It feels pretty slick and good and it is wholely made in Jpn and is sold in Jpn only, so without much hestitation, I bought it. I always wanted a more...I also bought a CD, Koda Yumi's Best / 2nd Session. Honestly, I got to know her name from FF X2 soundtrack, then I somehow know now she is one of the hottest, literally hottest singer in Jpn now with her F cup boobs, sexy image and sex oozing MVs. Anyway I got the limited edition which comes with 1CD + 2 DVDs. After hearing it last night, I realised this is quite a good album! After coming back on Sunday, I have been dead beat everynight after work.

okok im broke. I am gg to save money to go on a spree in Jpn sometime in the future. I LOVE JPN!!!!, it is a thril lto go shopping ard there!

elow at 12:32 午前 |


[Me]
Johann Low,Male.

[I Love]
God, church of our saviour, food,animation,photography,games, Jpn culture, pretty gals, high-tech gadgets, comics, Gundam models, layered hair, plucked eyebrows, mascara, blusher, Mika Nakashima,Ayumi Hamasaki, Namie Amuro, Sun Yanzi, Jay Chou, David Tao, Faye Wong, F.I.R, Flowerpod, Yoon Eun Hye,Fiona Xie, Lin Zhi Ling, Yoon Eun Hye

[I Abhore]
hypocrisy, injustice, shallowness, materialism, lies. [Past Entries]
9月 2003 10月 2003 11月 2003 12月 2003 1月 2004 2月 2004 3月 2004 4月 2004 5月 2004 6月 2004 7月 2004 8月 2004 9月 2004 10月 2004 11月 2004 12月 2004 1月 2005 2月 2005 3月 2005 4月 2005 5月 2005 6月 2005 7月 2005 8月 2005 9月 2005 10月 2005 11月 2005 12月 2005 1月 2006 2月 2006 3月 2006 4月 2006 5月 2006 6月 2006 7月 2006 8月 2006 9月 2006 10月 2006 11月 2006 12月 2006 1月 2007 2月 2007 3月 2007 4月 2007 5月 2007 6月 2007 7月 2007 8月 2007 9月 2007 10月 2007 11月 2007 12月 2007 1月 2008 2月 2008 3月 2008 4月 2008 5月 2008 6月 2008 7月 2008 8月 2008 9月 2008 10月 2008 11月 2008 12月 2008 10月 2009 2月 2010

[Friends]
QQ Weiqi  mrlemon Cherie Wanxia  Rose 

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com